Curriculum Vitae for Lisa Underwood
• Creativity instructor and accomplished artist.
• Innovative project planner; meeting personalized client objectives.
• Extensive sales experience in custom picture framing and interior design.
• Strong organizational skills; adept at managing a variety of challenges.
BIO AND EXPERIENCE
Lisa Underwood has been engaged in a broad scope of creative experiences throughout her art career. She is a spirited presenter of innovative classes and therapeutic workshops. Lisa makes creative outlets accessible through her business Mainstream Creative. She knows that hands-on experiences are proven to develop a sense of balance. Lisa has provided customized programs for diverse groups at community centers, healthcare organizations and numerous businesses. Promoting the arts, enhancing productivity and building morale are main objectives of Mainstream Creative.
Lisa earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Design with a concentration in Textiles, from State University of New York College at Buffalo. She lived in Charlotte, NC for many years and now resides in Hendersonville. Lisa’s extensive teaching experience includes long term adjunct positions for Queens University of Charlotte and Central Piedmont Community College where she has enjoyed interacting with hundreds of students. Besides teaching art classes, Lisa has provided programs at College Fairs, attracting high participation. She has also taught for Spirit Square and Community School of the Arts in Charlotte. While working at Spirit Square, Lisa was invited to be a project member for a “Young Audiences” interactive, mixed-media exhibit. Through her work at Community School of the Arts, she was awarded an exhibit at the Government Building in uptown Charlotte.
Lisa’s original artwork has been exhibited at Founders Hall in uptown Charlotte. It has also been displayed in various juried shows through art affiliations. She accepts commissions directly. Some of her current work is available at Fastframe in Matthews and Art Mob in Hendersonville. Lisa’s varied experiences add to the richness of her life work. She shares her knowledge and ideas openly, always encouraging involvement in the creative process.
• Albright-Knox Art Museum, Buffalo, New York, Assistant to Curator.
• Artpark, Lewiston, New York, Assistant to three nationally acclaimed Artists.
COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE & AFFILIATIONS
Innovative Staff Development Programs including “Social Creativity in the Workplace – The Big Picture”.
Special Olympics Workshop Facilitator, encouraging a “can do” attitude with results.
Art Instructor at the Shelter for Battered Women; awarded “Educational Volunteer of the Year”.
Carolinas Rehabilitation Expressive Arts Volunteer. Collective artwork utilized on marketing collateral.
• Bachelor of Science with Honors, Textile Design, State University of New York College at Buffalo
• MEPAP, Activity Professional Qualification with Preceptorship at The Cypress, Charlotte, NC