Curriculum Vitae for Lisa Underwood
• Experienced art instructor, creative workshop facilitator and accomplished visual artist.
• Creative project planner; meeting client objectives, working on schedule and within budget.
• Extensive sales experience in custom picture framing and interior design.
• Strong organizational skills; adept at managing a variety of challenges and responsibilities.
• Proficient at computer programs with ability to quickly learn new applications.
BIO AND EXPERIENCE
Lisa Underwood has been engaged in the art field throughout her career, involving herself in a broad scope of creative experiences. She is a spirited presenter of innovative classes and therapeutic workshops for people from all walks of life. Lisa makes creative outlets accessible through her business Mainstream Creative, knowing that hands-on experiences are proven to develop a sense of balance. She has presented programs for diverse groups at elementary schools, healthcare organizations and numerous businesses. Providing customized programs for the workplace and individuals to enhance productivity, build up morale and promote the arts is the main focus of Mainstream Creative.
Lisa earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Design with a concentration in Textiles, from State University College of New York at Buffalo. She has lived most of her adult life in Charlotte, NC. Lisa’s extensive teaching experience includes long term adjunct positions for Queens University of Charlotte and Central Piedmont Community College where she has enjoyed interacting with hundreds of students. Besides teaching art classes, Lisa has provided programs at College Fairs, attracting high participation. She has also taught for Spirit Square and Community School of the Arts in Charlotte. While working at Spirit Square, Lisa was invited to be a project member for a “Young Audiences” interactive, mixed-media exhibit. Through her work at Community School of the Arts, she was awarded an exhibit at the Government Building in uptown Charlotte.
In addition to freelancing, Lisa has gained Interior Design experience through her work at The Wallpaper Shop and Calico Corners. Her textile design background has enhanced her residential and commercial projects. And she believes this work experience impacts her original art. Her artwork has been exhibited at Founders Hall in uptown Charlotte. And has also been displayed in various juried shows through art affiliations. She accepts commissions directly and her work is also sold at Fastframe Matthews. Lisa’s varied experiences, including design and marketing for Fastframes, all play an important part in the richness of her life work. She shares her knowledge and ideas openly, always encouraging involvement in the creative process.
• Bachelor of Science with Honors, Textile Design, State University of New York College at Buffalo
• MEPAP, Activity Professional Qualification with Preceptorship at The Cypress, Charlotte, NC
• Albright-Knox Art Museum, Buffalo, New York, Assistant to Curator.
• Artpark, Lewiston, New York, Assistant to three nationally acclaimed Artists.
COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE & AFFILIATIONS
- Innovative Staff Development Programs including “Social Creativity in the Workplace – The Big Picture”.
- Special Olympics Workshop Facilitator, encouraging a “can do” attitude with results.
- Stewardship Director, increasing volunteer participation by 200 percent.
- Art Instructor at the Shelter for Battered Women. Awarded “Educational Volunteer of the Year”.
- Carolinas Rehabilitation Expressive Arts Volunteer. Collective artwork utilized on marketing collateral.
Copyright 2009 – 2018 Mainstream Creative