• Strong organizational skills; adept at managing a variety of challenges and responsibilities.
• Extensive sales experience in custom picture framing and interior design.
• Creative project planner; meeting client objectives, working on schedule and within budget.
• Experienced art instructor, creative workshop facilitator and accomplished visual artist.
• Proficient at computer programs with ability to quickly learn new applications.
Mainstream Creative, Program Consultant
• Planning, development and promotion of creativity programs based on client needs.
• Consultation, providing art advisory services to corporations and healthcare companies.
• Facilitator for private student seminars and staff development programs.
• Commercial and individual commissions including illustrations, paintings and mixed-media.
UMAR Arts Center, Arts Counselor
• Arts program facilitator for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Development of community relations through project collaboration.
Central Piedmont Community College, Adjunct Instructor
• Curriculum development for the Corporate & Continuing Education Arts program.
• Creative projects facilitator for College Fairs, attracting high participation.
• Featured author for “Charlotte Health & Fitness” promoting the college and the arts.
Carriage Club of Charlotte, Program Coordinator
• Planning and management of entertainment schedule and corporate programs.
• Supervision of event participation, staff involvement, budget and inventory.
• Volunteer program development through strong community relations.
Fastframe, Sales and Marketing
• Expansion of new business and coordination of special events.
• Designing and upselling of custom framing projects for fine art.
• Promotion of commercial art leasing program, art competitions and local artists.
Queens University of Charlotte, Adjunct Instructor
• Development of adult art program, increasing enrollment by 100 percent over 2 year period.
• Management of effective teamwork during creativity seminars for Student Life groups.
• Consistent maintenance of numerous repeat students and excellent evaluations.
• Successful coordination of exhibits on campus, displaying individual and collaborative art.
Calico Corners, Design Consultant
• Achievement of custom design visions, managing projects timely and within budget.
• Growth of strong relationships with design team members, clients, vendors and installers.
• Consistent execution of sales strategy and marketing goals.
Spirit Square and Community School of the Arts, Instructor
• “Young Audiences” project member for interactive, mixed-media exhibit.
• Planning and presentation of drawing, painting and printing classes.
• Coordination of art displays. Exhibit at Government Building in uptown Charlotte.
The Wallpaper Shop, Manager and Outside Sales Representative
• Effective training and management of staff; sustaining high morale and exceeding sales goals.
• Maintenance of all phases of high traffic, retail business including marketing and merchandising.
• Organization of direct project responsibilities for residential and commercial accounts.
Providence Day School, K-6 Art Instructor
• Planning, organization and presentation of visual art curriculum for 300+ students.
Federal Textile Engravers and Freelance, Color Separation Artist; Colorist
• Timely completion of image finishing and photo enhancement with high level of precision.
• Successful color selection and duplication for wallcovering and fabric designs.
• Bachelor of Science with Honors, Textile Design, State University of New York College at Buffalo
• MEPAP, Activity Professional Qualification with Preceptorship at The Cypress, Charlotte, NC
• Albright-Knox Art Museum, Buffalo, New York, Assistant to Curator.
• Artpark, Lewiston, New York, Assistant to three nationally acclaimed Artists.
COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE & AFFILIATIONS
- Innovative Staff Development Programs including “Social Creativity in the Workplace – The Big Picture”.
- Special Olympics Workshop Facilitator, encouraging a “can do” attitude with results.
- Stewardship Director, increasing volunteer participation by 200 percent.
- Art Instructor at the Shelter for Battered Women. Awarded “Educational Volunteer of the Year”.
- Carolinas Rehabilitation Expressive Arts Volunteer. Collective artwork utilized on marketing collateral.
Copyright 2009 – 2018 Mainstream Creative